Tuesday, September 1, 2015

Under the Radar

    
Looking back at the last few months there have been many things happening....so I have been working under the radar mostly.
More stippling on our boys quilts.
And now all finished....
...on their beds....well, sometimes anyway. Tramming is great for driving your matchbox cars on don't you know.
Miss 15 has been knitting scarves for a while now and we finally listed them for sale.
Busy little fingers....lovely outcome.
In the July holidays I managed to put down some pebble tiling in front of our hearth. Tiles were purchased a year or so ago and I finally plucked up the courage to get into it.
The hearth has been there for more than 10 years and never finished off at the front. Grouting was quite intensive, but glad I had a go.
All finished now!
My Gardeners Journal stitching has come along a bit since my last post.
And this little cross stitch occasionally sees the light of day.
It's been a wet winter here this year and occasionally some amazing sights to enjoy.
Soccer mornings have often been quite cool and sometimes foggy. This was a great start to the day last week. Only a week or two to go now. Love watching our boys play their soccer.
Today I'm finishing up some burp cloths for a new little babe for a local family.
Couldn't find chenille so settled for polar fleece....a little character building.
The tutorial is here http://theinspiredroom.net/2015/07/15/diy-baby-gift-idea-burp-cloth-tutorial/
I changed the thread colour according to the alternating backing as I went.
Four cloths in all. Now to wrap them :)



1 comment:

Thanks for your comment. I read and appreciate every one and love the inspiration from your blogs too. Happy stitching!