Thursday, January 1, 2015

Breathe In; Breathe Out


Christmas has come and gone and here we are - the start of a new year.
What a year it has been.
There's been many happenings in blogland that I haven't been able to keep track of, but I have been very mindful of all the creativity blossoming at the hands of many inspirational lovely souls.

In 2014 I enrolled in a one year course to study for a teacher's aide qualification.
Many hours have been spent at the computer researching and putting together various assessments. I can honestly say I am SO THANKFUL for Google and all the lovely people who so willingly share their tips and encouragements. Not much action for my sewing machine or needle and thread for 2014!

After all the research and study, the assessments, time getting to know many wonderful students and more than 120 hours of work placement, my course certificate should arrive in the mail in the next few weeks and the new year will unfold....

After unsuccessful attempts in regularly following blogs, and writing my own posts I am hoping that this year I can breathe out and catch up a little bit. This might be a little easier after the recent discovery of a Blogger app for smartphones.

With technology so easily at our fingertips I have been reminded this year of the need for much valuable time with family and time for connections.....hence not being online so much. This lovely blog often keeps me inspired and my thoughts where they need to be. Read this post - it is a real blessing.




Our family started 2014 with an overnight stay in Goulburn on our way to the coast for our camping holiday.
Often we drive right through this town, but it was great to stop and see the sights together, including this rather large woolly fellow, The Big Merino.


Surfing learning to surf was quite a highlight for many of the family and so another trip to the coast in late February was a must! Despite a fairly overcast and rainy weekend we all had a fantastic time :)

During a couple of the school holidays I took the opportunity of the break from study and followed my inspiration to continue with some painting renovations including painting our loungeroom wall red. With the powerpoint taped up and the lounge moved away from the wall it was time to open the paint tin!!

Always daunting painting with deep colours but nothing quite like a challenge. A bright cherry red wouldn't suit the green lounge suite and quilt so a rusted tint of red was in order. When I'm browsing the paint section at the local hardware store I'm sure the lovely staff must think "here she goes again", hehehe.


Here's the wall freshly finished. I am happy with the difference it has made to the room. I finally hung some pictures on the wall just before Christmas.....with some space left to fill another day.

Some more painting was done outside on the verandah ceilings to freshen it up......but it's still an ongoing project. No photos of that though......white ceilings aren't very exciting.


This boring old canvas cushion has been crying out for a bright change for quite a while.


I had found this 'citrus' fabric in the last couple of years and finally made it up during spring in 2014. I love the happy print and the difference it has made......but might have to change the cushions :)

Enjoy the fresh start a new year brings and hope it is filled with many creative moments.


2 comments:

  1. nice to see you back..........congrats on your studies.......enjoy the holidays

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have had a very busy year Leanne, congrats on all your studying abd finally a certificate WELL DONE and all your renovating is looking great too

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comment. I read and appreciate every one and love the inspiration from your blogs too. Happy stitching!